Signs a Heating System Needs Repair
Having a heater malfunction can be scary – especially as cold weather arrives. This can leave a household cold and uncomfortable and can open the house to risks. To reduce the risk of heater problems worsening, homeowners must schedule heating system repairs at the first signs of an issue. Here are some signs homeowners can use to identify heater issues to have it repaired quickly and avoid frightening situations this Halloween.
Reasons Why Your Home May Not Be Heating Up
One of the issues homeowners may notice that signals their heater isn’t working correctly is if their house feels chilly, even when the heater is running. If the temperature of the house doesn’t match the reading on the thermostat, warm air isn’t coming out of the home’s vents, or the home has inconsistent temperatures, some potential problems causing these issues can include:
- A broken thermostat due to faulty wiring, batteries, or setting issues can affect its ability to heat a home.
- Dirty air filters that need to be changed can affect airflow and how much warm air from the heater can get through them.
- Blocked vents or registers can prevent warm air from being distributed through the house.
- A malfunctioning pilot light prevents the heater from working correctly.
- A heater that’s too small to heat the entire home properly could be causing the heating problem.
- A system with a broken component or that hasn’t been correctly cleaned and maintained can also affect the temperature.
Unusual Heater Sounds Should Be Investigated
Heaters make numerous sounds. Some sounds might be normal. However, others can indicate something is wrong with the unit requiring repair. Some sounds that can signal a heater problem include:
- Banging or clanging
- Squealing or screeching
- Hissing or whistling
- Clicking or ticking
If homeowners hear unusual sounds from their heater, they should schedule a visit from an HVAC technician to inspect the heater, determine what’s causing the sounds, and make the necessary heater repairs.
Reasons Why There’s an Unexplained Rise in Energy Costs
If a household has experienced a terrifying jump in their utility bills this Halloween season, it can also indicate a problem with the heater. Some issues that can cause heating costs to increase are:
- The heater isn’t operating efficiently because of its old age
- Clogged or dirty filters cause the unit to overwork
- Leaks in ductwork are wasting energy
- A malfunctioning thermostat is causing the heater to run when it’s not necessary
- A cracked heat exchanger or other serious issues like a broken heating component
- Routine maintenance has been neglected, causing inefficiently
Homeowners can save money – and get their energy bills back to where they were before – by scheduling professional repairs on their heater when warning signs are noticed.
About Triple A Air Conditioning & Heating
Triple A Air Conditioning & Heating has more than 40 years of expertise serving Corpus Christi and the surrounding areas. They offer free estimates, straightforward pricing, and a membership plan. Call them today for heater repair and maintenance services in Corpus Christi, TX.